07 June 2012

Welcome To The Newness

Most first blogs tell about a purpose, idea, and goal behind the blog or introduce the write(s). Some people call this the reasoning, but I seem to have been reasoning and logically defining my arguments for my entire life.  It is time for that to shift from my primary focus...

This blog will be focus on a variety of thoughts (whether coherant or not) and will be random yet direct.  I many things that have been a part of my life that I want to change.  I have always listened when people gave me advise, however I often use a very free interpretations.  I am a contradiction in terms.

Paul says that he was everything to all types of people; I dreamed to be that too, but I just used it to be likeable.  Instead of being flexible like I said I was, I am rigid-I am conservative.   I want things to stay the same, I want them to always remain; I am a realist, I am an idealist; I am old-school, I am new-fangled (with technology)... 



One thing I am is consistent...If you knew me ten years ago, you pretty much know me today.  I love Ronald Reagan, I love the Founding Fathers, and have a distant for modern social theory.  I still listen to Chopin, I know Mozart helps me study, and this new stuff that society labels music...please turn it off. (oops...off the soapbox)  I still go to church every Sunday, I can't miss. EVER.  I am an overt moralist, I say what I think (sometimes too fast), I speak my mind, I wear my defensive emotions on my sleeve, but I hide my emotions.  I trust everyone,  I still play chess...


Chess meaning that I think a lot, waaaaay too much.  I can analyze and tell you what I my opinion is within 20 seconds (or less).  I overanalyze what decision I made, and make sure that every detail is covered. Why? Because I care what everyone thinks about me, because I am inflexible, because I know that my way is the only way, and the right way.  Because the is just how it is. 


                                                   -- OR --



That is just what I told myself. I have come to realize that I have manipulated myself for so long, I am not really sure what I think, how I believe, or what motivates me.  (and don't get me started with how I try to get my way...)

I keep telling myself that I can go with the flow, that I can love others for what they bring to the table, and that I can express myself.  That I can make a change.  But I am in a comfort zone...I hate where I am, but since I am not proactive enough to change it, it stays the same.  I change for a while and revert.  I am the same as I was 10 years ago...




For God to use me, this must change, I must NOT be fearful. As Paul told Timothy "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. "  I am afraid of what He will do if I let Him work.  It is high time I start.  Paul needed prayer for that (Eph. 6:20-21)...and I do too. 

This time it is for real. Thanks to the encouagement of my friends and God useing them, I am going to let down my guard, I am going to free myself, I am going to give God the real control that he should have so that I can have peace.  So the when I pray I am not feeling glum afterward, so that I can focus on the needs of others and just not my need to be safe.  I must become myself and who I am...


I posted this on my about me 5 years ago on  Facebook:
"Does anyone really know who I am? (maybe...) How could I know...
Try Stopping me from remaining myself...if only I could reveal my true self.....and who does that right? :/


Sometimes I think I don't really know exactly what I am thinking, when I am thinking I know exactly what I am thinking. (Does that make any sense?)"








It is time to be ferociously fearless: ______________ (long pause)  I really mean it this time.  I need encouragement and prayer, but with God's help and yours I will be successful.  Not because of what I do, but what Jesus does through the Holy Spirit for "He must become greater and I must become less..." 

To end take a listen to why I must change:  (this gets me every time)









I want to live... I want to be proactive!   IT IS HIGH TIME TO BECOME FEARLESS!!! 



It begins Tomorrow Morning when I Go to The Bronx with Priority1Ministries...


To the future that comes one day at a time,

Joeyb



P.S. --If it seems like I beat around the bush, and a bit long-winded --well, I am working on that too. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment