11 June 2012

I Laugh(ed) at Change

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  I am not sure who this THEY is, or why exactly they believe they have the authority to declare this.  BUT it seems that this time this group might be wrong.  I am on a tear...I am learning so many things about myself, but I do not want to do a premature evaluation.

I just want to start by publicly praising God for helping me to initiate this process, and bringing others into my life to help me to see that I needed this shift.  I have always (well in the past 7 years) known that I am an ISTJ personality.  Sadly due to my Judging nature, I was not the man I was meant to be.  I tried to change myself into what I believed God had for me.



I feel that so strongly that I must retake a personality test, without trying to answer what I "think" (the T-part) I should be, but rather what I really am.  I must work to increase my sensing ability and open myself to the will of God.

Today we talked about devotions and quiet time with God.  I realize that I do most of the talking and not much hearing.  James 1:22 tells me that this is wrong: 

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
I have been deceiving myself and not bringing my petitions to God with the right motives.  Rather I knew what I wanted and asked Him for it.  It is high time that changes.  No more laughing and manipulating to get my way anymore.  It never really works out anyway...but I never give up.

It seems that my passion is not focused on the right area of life.  Passion should be for God, God's Son, God's Spirit, and God's will for my life.   I really want it  somethings...but I guess God knows his timing better than I.  WAIT....I should KNOW that.

I must get serious about this...I need to remove my monopoly on my life and abdicate.  He made me for a purpose and it is past time for me to start. My question should be:  What does God have in store for me, and what do I need to do to follow Him?  I must trust and obey...then I will not have to be like Sarah.  [she laughed when the angel of the Lord foretold Isaac's birth]  Instead I can allow the wonderful maker to mold me and make me what he wants me to be.




I must not deceive myself, or believe that I know all that is right for me.  So, I guess I am still learning, but this old dog will not give up.

To Joy and Fullness in Following Christ,

Joeyb

No comments:

Post a Comment